Melmark’s Adult Services offers a full range of attractive, community based and on-campus residential options. Our comprehensive resources meet the unique residential and clinical needs of those entrusted to our care, including:
- Medically fragile adults who may require 24-hour nursing care
- Individuals who need significant-to-moderate support for their daily living needs
- Adults who can live relatively independently in the community with staff assistance.
Whether living in a campus residence or a community-based setting, all of the adults served by Melmark have regular access to innovative health, social and recreational services designed to promote individual confidence, independence and community integration.
Funding for Melmark’s services can come from a number of public and private sources.
Public funding streams include:
Intermediate Care Facility for people with Mental Retardation
and Developmental Disabilities (ICF/MR; community and campus based programs)
- Consolidated Waiver programs
- Person/Family Directed Support Waiver
- Out-of-State Referrals
Private funding streams include:
- Private pay resources
- Insurance/Legal settlements
- Other financial models
For specific program and funding information, please contact:
- ICF/MR programs - Jean Calvarese Donovan
- Consolidated Waiver programs- Jason Antunes
- Person/Family Directed Support Waiver; Out-of-State Referrals;
Private Funding programs - Suzanne Muench
For general admissions questions for Melmark's adult residential programs, please contact Suzanne Muench, MSS, LCSW, Director of Admissions and Family Services at 1-888-MELMARK, ext. 2937, or e-mail SuzanneMuench@melmark.org for more information.
Background information on resources and topics relating to adult residential programs and services can be found by visiting Understanding the Office of Developmental Programs in Pennsylvania: Mental Retardation and Autism Services (copyright © 2010 Vision for Equality, Inc.); PAR and MAX Association.