Melmark provides a 3-4 week paid training curriculum for newly hired staff. This comprehensive program includes:
- Overview of Melmark’s mission, absolutes, policies.
- First Aid and CPR certification/training.
- Crisis Intervention / Prevention
- Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Training in the development of teaching and behavior support plans.
- Peer mentoring to support new hires through the first 90 days of employment.
- Structured on-site, hands-on training utilizing modeling feedback.
Ongoing training for staff members includes:
- Annual week long in-service training for special education teachers.
- Monthly in-service training for teachers and rehabilitation therapists.
- Monthly training programs for ABA counselors on a range of clinical, educational, and operational topics.
- A 12-session mini-series on enhanced supervisory skills for Melmark’s management team.
- CEU Series on advanced clinical skills, offered for BCBA-CEU's (free to Melmark Staff).
To discuss staff training opportunities for your organization, please contact Amanda Guld, Ph.D., BCBA-D, Director of Professional Development and Training 610-325-4745 or firstname.lastname@example.org