Melmark’s clinical and program staff are available to work with families, special education professionals, and human service agencies in support of children and young adults with intellectual disabilities, autism, brain injuries, and related challenging behaviors.
Applied Behavior Analysis Principles
Melmark’s program model is built upon Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) principles and utilizes a multi-disciplinary behavioral approach to address the unique characteristics of a child or young adult.
The interdisciplinary consulting and training team includes:
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts
- Bachelor’s- / Master’s-prepared certified special education teachers
- Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Licensed Psychologists
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist
- Other related professionals
Center for Social and Behavioral Development - Melmark New England
Evaluations, Assessments and Support Services
This program provides evaluations, assessments, and support services to individuals with autism spectrum disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders, severe challenging behavior, and other complex profiles.
Melmark provides a variety of behavioral and educational consultative services to students, parents, educators, and professionals. Our consultation staff members are either master’s or doctoral-level board certified, and licensed (or board eligible), behavior analysts with a high level of experience and expertise.
Models of Delivery
Consultation services can be provided specific to a particular child, topic, classroom, educational program, or school district and are provided with an emphasis on collaboration and evidence-based practice.
Consultation and direct services are offered through private pay and insurance-based funding resources and are provided within the home, center, and community-based settings.
Other Consultation Services Offered
Our consultation department also offers a variety of training, professional development opportunities, and workshops. All of our services are tailored to meet the unique needs of the individuals we serve with a high degree of clinical expertise, professionalism, ethics, and integrity.
At the request of either parents or school districts, Melmark New England’s consultation team is able to provide a variety of evaluations and clinical intervention services to assist with the development of and delivery of effective educational services. These services can be provided at our public school setting or onsite in the student’s home and include:
- Functional Behavioral Assessment/Functional Analysis
- Independent Student Educational and Behavioral Program Design
- District-wide Educational and Behavioral Program Design
- Curriculum Development
- Professional Development Trainings Across a Variety of Topics
- “Incredible Years” Individualized and Group Parent Training
- Registered Behavior Technician Training Program
- Direct Service Using Applied Behavior Analysis Funded Privately and by Insurance
- BCBA/BCaBA Supervision and Mentorship
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Guardianship Evaluation
- Transition Planning Assistance
- Social Skills Assessment
- Technical Assistance Consultation
- Individualized and Group Parent Training
- Individual Therapy for Parents
- Individual Therapy for Children and adolescents
- Individualized Instruction in Social/Behavior Skills
- Social Skills Groups
- Facilitation of Play Dates
- Supervision of ABA Services
- Behavioral Consultation to Families
Please contact us for more information about our consultation, training, evaluation, and clinical intervention services at email@example.com or 978-654-4300.